- Scrap Charging Machines
- Single Chamber Melting
- Holding & Casting Furnaces
- Launder Systems
- Degassing & Filtration
- Vertical Direct Chill Casting Machines
- "safeCAST" Mould Metal Level Control (MMLC)
- Water Cooling Plants
- Scrap Pre-Heating Ovens
- Dross Skimming Machines
- General Melting Furnace Design Features
- C.S. Aluminium, Taiwan
- Carcano Antonio S.p.A, Italy
Related Case Studies
Holding & Casting Furnaces
130 tonne Tilting melting holding furnace with regenerative burners
2 x 83 tonne tilting melting furnaces at tilt
83 tonne Tilting melting furnace
Tilting holding furnace with cold air burners & 2 x static furnaces
Mechatherm has vast experience in supplying Aluminium Holding/Casting furnaces to the Aluminium industry with many references worldwide. Mechatherm can offer full ‘turn key’ supply contracts as well as ‘part’ supply to suit our client's requirements. Mechatherm holding/casting furnaces are custom designed and constructed for arduous foundry conditions.
Some of our typical design features are as follows:
- Heavy duty casing construction to withstand thermal and mechanical stresses.
- Hydraulic or Electro Mechanical door lifting with synchronisation.
- Static furnace or tilting furnace designs.
- Positive pneumatic door clamping and sealing systems.
- Long lasting refractory block, cast steel or water cooled door surrounds.
- Furnace chamber exhaust ducting systems and stacks to atmosphere.
- Door fume extraction hoods.
- Automatic pressure control regulation using an actuated ‘mechanical damper’.
- Gas fired, Oil fired or electrical heat input systems.
- Electronic Fuel/Air ratio control or Thyristor control on heating elements.
- Manual or automatic metal pouring operation to suit specific casting requirements.
- Durable refractory linings in monolithic, brick or pre-cast blocks.
- Molten metal receiving wells with hot metal crucible tilting mechanisms for furnace filling.
- Specialised PC/PLC based control systems with human/machine interface giving ‘Set point’ control.
- SCADA control systems.