- Mechatherm looking forward
- Recent Contract Awards
- Mechatherm appointed an Export Champion
- Mechatherm interviewed by the Wall St Journal
- Mechatherm present world class technologies at TMS 2017
- New SafeCAST® solution strengthens market position
- Largest US project proceeding to schedule
- Services division expands east
- Cutting edge equipment supply
- Mechatherm achieve international quality standard
Recent Contract Awards
Published — 14/04/2017
Mechatherm have been awarded the contract from Bechtel on behalf of ALBA for the melting and holding furnaces with launder system for the Pot Line 6 Expansion Project. This is a very prestigious contract for Mechatherm with installation starting at the beginning of 2018 with final production in place during early 2019.
The contract is for the supply of state of the art casthouse equipment including the integration of the metal treatment systems feeding metal to various casting processes. The equipment includes 3 x 165T melting/holding furnaces, 3 x 85T melting/holding furnaces, 2 x EMS systems, fully integrated launders, degassing and filtration systems. The project is full turnkey supply.
Mechatherm have been awarded the contract for the second 340,000 lbs holding furnace at Logan Aluminium Inc. This also includes the supply of one Altek Type 500 underhearth EMS with the full control integration to operate alternatively between two holding furnace. This equipment will be installed at the end of 2017.
Arconic have awarded Mechatherm the contract to supply two new fully automated Molten Metal Level Control (MMLC) systems for their Kunshan plant in China. These systems will integrate our SafeCAST® technology for 'hands off' casting plus the full control system integration for two existing VDC casting systems.