- New jobs at Mechatherm as its wins multi-million furnace order
- Mechatherm looking forward
- Recent Contract Awards
- Mechatherm appointed an Export Champion
- Mechatherm interviewed by the Wall St Journal
- Mechatherm present world class technologies at TMS 2017
- New SafeCAST® solution strengthens market position
- Largest US project proceeding to schedule
- Services division expands east
- Cutting edge equipment supply
- Mechatherm achieve international quality standard
Largest US project proceeding to schedule
Published — 07/03/2017
Mechatherm are currently installing our largest ever aluminium holding tilting furnace at Logan Aluminium Inc. and at 340,000 lbs or 154 tonne, the furnace is probably the largest tilting furnace in the world for processing aluminium.
The two Bloom low NOx burners allow the furnace to have holding & melting capacity. Furnace features include a large 33 ft or 10m wide door, molten metal roof mounted radar sensor and integration for an under hearth EMS stirrer.
Mechatherm's user-friendly control software will optimize energy consumption, determine the furnace liquid metal weight, enable accurate metal temperature control and ensure safe & efficient operation.
Installation at Logan’s new production facility is proceeding to schedule so it will be ready for hot metal in the 4th quarter of 2017.